Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unavoidable Crashing - is it the Client Version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unavoidable Crashing - is it the Client Version?

I finally got back around to trying this out - I got RunUO 2.3 and Nerun's distro - copied the two folders of scripts (and data) over the existing files.. set the folder for the client in the scripts/misc/datapaths.cs and ran it.

Things seem fine, it lets me log in (razor) and use the Prem.Spawner (Apocalypse, Let there be Light, then the last spawn option to see if things are working)

It spawns NPCs and some animals, but the moment I try to move the client crashes, without fail.

I'm on the 2d client, 7.0.60.47 ,, this is what it patches to when you install now, so it is what I'm stuck with.
    Is the client ver. the problem? Or am I missing something vital along the way?

Yes, try a client around the 7.0.15 range
    RunUO - Ultima Online Emulator - www.runuo.net

Comment

Take a look at this post, is shows the UO Client Compatibility for each version
      http://www.runuo.net/forum/forum/run...tibility-chart

Comment

Same problem with crashing here too. Are there general rules when it comes to choosing which client to go with?

Comment

hmm.
          I don't see how I can patch the client to a particular older version.

Comment

There's this lovely source, I don't know if you found it or not. I've been trying to get a server up and running with the servuo client and I think I might end up using RunUO instead since I keep running across issues with the servuo client.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxz8oobyw...line_v7.x?dl=0

Comment

Hello, I am back after a very long leave, I didn't know if this should be posted here, since it is about crashing. Here is my issue. This is with runuo 2.0 rc1, with Mondain's legacy fully patched package, and It will save and all, but when I try to create a character the server restarts and it looks like this. I am running on windows 10 installed over windows 7 (used pc) I also have ipv6 disabled. and tried using compatability, run as administrator.

Comment

Here is the crash report I forgot to add in the original post. Server Crash Report

Server Crash Report
                ===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
                .NET Framework: 2.0.50727.8830
                Time: 5/20/2018 11:39:46 AM
                Mobiles: 2418
                Items: 99918
                Clients:
                - Count: 1
                + 127.0.0.1: (account = me)

Exception:
                System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced
                at System.Net.IPAddress.get_Address()
                at Server.Network.AccountLoginAck..ctor(ServerInfo[] info)
                at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.AccountLogin_ReplyAc k(NetState state)
                at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
                at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
                at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Comment

Yes thank you I am trying to make a shard for my kid and her friends to just go wild on. I managed to get in using 2.0 final and 2.3 but I am starting in haven but now I am having that land issue where my starting locations shown. I had everything uo related on a flash drive years ago but it broke off and lost everything I had. I just can't seem to remember where and how to fix this.

Comment

Right now it looks to be a client issue for ML.

Comment

Make sure you are using the right client with the right core era. Take a look at the compatibility chart in this post http://www.runuo.net/forum/forum/run...tibility-chart

Comment

Working...
                      X