Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using new skills with older era settings

Greetings everyone,

I am using the Complete Spell System, and have urn into some issues regarding skills.

The era of my shard is is set to LBR, and would be set earlier, except that I want to use remastered MP3s of the original soundtrack, which will not work in older eras. Basically, I want to use the old damage and armor system, and do not want to use any of the features from later eras, particularly AoS. At the same time, I want to make use of some of the newer skills with the Complete Spell System, namely Spellweaving, Mysticism and Chivalry. Spellweaving and Mysticism appear on the Skill Menu with the LBR setting, and can be set manually, but do not experience gains when I attempt to use them as the Casting Skill for one of the spellcasting systems in the Complete Spell System. Chivalry (and Necromancy) do not appear on the Skill Menu on eras earlier than AoS, but can likewise be set manually, and also do not experience gains under the LBR setting.

I assume that this is a client/core issue, but thought I would check and see if there is a way to use these skills with the Complete Spell System using an older era. I do not want to use the actual skills and their original spells, spellbooks, etc, mind you, only, but rather only use them as the Casting Skills for individual spellcasting systems within the Complete Spell System. Thus I would need them to be able to experience gains when used.

Thanks in advance or any help!
Working...
X