Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to ServUO?

What happened to ServUO?

It appears the new shard they opened to the public has closed down already. I did not see any details posted on their site yet
    Owner - UO Central

Here is the forum thread on servuo, it looks like the shard project is closed now...

server shut down???
    Discussion in 'Shard Discussion' started by Taia, May 3, 2016

The files are still messed up. I have been real busy so have not had a chance to fix them yet.
    Likely I will release the saves up to now with blanked user passwords for anyone who wants to mess around locally.
    dmurphy, Jun 23, 2016

dmurphy stated The files are still messed up- so I really don't believe it would be playable other wise the server would
    be up. He is offering in case some one wants to try and fix the messed up files
    Milva, Jun 23, 2016

Should other shard owners be worried...since those of us who keep up with the latest SVNs use the same code
    Tasanar, Jun 27, 2016

The issue is still not fixed in the shard. I have been very busy for the past few weeks
    dmurphy, Jun 27, 2016

Find something new to play. Hopefully you didn't give them too much money
    Ukkirk, Jul 2, 2016

I still have not had time to work on this.

Likely the server will not be coming back. When the server started it was not just me working on the backend. Since then
    things have changed and unfortunately it was left to just me. I do not have the free time to take care of a server on my own.

Milva did a great job in game, but it is impossible for me right now to look after everything else.

I personally am $360 in the hole from the shard. Another reason it is not ideal for me right now to keep it up. There wasn't
    a donation in over 2 months
    dmurphy, Jul 2, 2016
    RunUO - Ultima Online Emulator - www.runuo.net

Comment

ServUO just started begging for donations, really sad...the guy that runs it just posted this

dmurphy: "the previous method did not garner enough donations per month to pay all the bills.
      ServUO has not be in the black for more than a year now."

Comment

Grab all the code and scripts while you can, you never know when they will bite the dust!

Comment

Yes, we have been working on this UO Archive for about 6 months, with anticipation of the other emulator projects failing. We have already added the entire 900mb+ ServUO script archive to our library

http://www.runuo.net/scripts/

Comment

Looks like ServUO is down again, I'm really glad you guys are archiving all of this information. I still lurk around over there, but there has been almost no activity on the forums. I saw this convo by the admin and it seems there is very low interest in this project now

[4/30/2017 3:28:42 PM] Vita-Nex: Vorspire: I'm really not as involved with ServUO
            as you think you know, lol
            [4/30/2017 3:28:46 PM] Vita-Nex: Vorspire: even murphy has taken a step back
            [4/30/2017 3:28:52 PM] Vita-Nex: Vorspire: its run by the community, not admins or
            mods
            [4/30/2017 3:29:14 PM] Vita-Nex: Vorspire: i haven't spoken to Murphy in like a
            month or more
            [4/30/2017 3:29:32 PM] Vita-Nex: Vorspire: and my last contribution to ServUO was
            putting some project standards in place
            [4/30/2017 3:30:08 PM] Thomas: Maybe it'll get him back in the game!
            [4/30/2017 3:30:30 PM] Vita-Nex: Vorspire: he moved country and began a career, i
            doubt he'll have the time
            [4/30/2017 3:31:07 PM] Thomas: We shall see
            [4/30/2017 3:31:29 PM] Thomas: There's no real goal honestly

Comment

...and they are down again!

June 16, 2017

Punkte - Today at 7:40 AM
              @dmurphy Just fyi, the website is down.

CodeGhost - Today at 8:28 AM
              Anyone know when ServUO will come back up?
              Owner - UO Central

Comment

Vorspire-Today at 10:26 AM

I contacted Murphy about it yesterday, but he's fell off the face of the planet :/
                Going to ask him if he wants to hand the site off to a successor again.

LOL the Captain jumped off the ship and are letting all the rats drowned!

Comment

servuo is down again...

Rex - Today at 7:59 AM
                  is servuo.com down for you guys?

Nyght - Today at 8:17 AM
                  @Rex been down since yesterday

Rex - Today at 8:41 AM
                  seems to be going down more and more

Tasanar - Today at 12:19 PM
                  There is no update at this time. Only Dmurphy can restore access.
                  Owner - UO Central

Comment

Yes, looks like servuo is down again, it's been a few days and I have not heard any news

Comment

Im not able to get to their websight for days now wth!

Comment

I just don't get it. It is 2018. How fricken hard is it to keep a web server running. These things can run on Raspberry PI's. In defense of the website, it was really only a place for a forum where people could post questions and their custom content...but that is all really anyone really wants from it anyway. Their front page wasn't updated for over a year, so they obviously didn't have any desire to maintain it. Then they can join the others who amass a huge collection of RunUO information and disappear off the fricken planet, without having the common courtesy to ask if anyone else wanted to host the content it contained. They should just take the site down for good and cry uncle on having a web presence at all. I am glad I am near the end of my home server development, as I find myself looking for custom content less and less.

Comment

We have been collecting/hosting/sharing code for over 10 years and prepared for runuo and servuo to close. The signs have been there for years. Our group actively runs Custom UO Shards and creates new content every week, so we are not going anywhere. Now that the other sites are down, we will be more publicly active on this site. I just uploaded several thousand scripts to our archives. I also have a ton of personal, archived UO content from the past 10 years, that I will eventually get uploaded.

Comment

Yes, I have offered to host it, admin it or just buy it to keep it online...no one seems to care or respond to requests
                            UO Evolution "The Game Has Evolved"

http://www.uoevolution.com
                            http://www.uoevolution.com/forum
                            http://www.uoevolution.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                              We have been collecting/hosting/sharing code for over 10 years and prepared for runuo and servuo to close. The signs have been there for years. Our group actively runs Custom UO Shards and creates new content every week, so we are not going anywhere. Now that the other sites are down, we will be more publicly active on this site. I just uploaded several thousand scripts to our archives. I also have a ton of personal, archived UO content from the past 10 years, that I will eventually get uploaded.
                              Yeah...I even noticed some of my stuff made its way on here...which should be the point. In fact, someone just posted that they were looking for the Custom Weapon Abilities script but it seems we can't get the whole thing because it was last seen on ServUO and we can't get to the site. I have it on my server but I had it for so long that I can't tell what parts make up the system anymore...to copy them out for the guy to use.

Sometimes when I hunt for custom content, I have gone so far as grabbing something from RunUO 1.0 and morphing it to work on 2.2 (which is the version I am stuck with). Then people go online and bitch about "stealing from Ryan" and his RunUO site...which I think he gave up on RunUO and kept up his site for as long as he did as a warning to grab all the shit you can before the power goes off. If archiving this stuff...and collecting new stuff...is your mission, then "good".

I did find this...which if it is not here...needs to be snagged.

https://github.com/felladrin/runuo-custom-scripts

Comment

Working...
                              X