This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JustUO and PlayUO

JustUO is the newest in a line of Ultima Online emulators. It is based on the latest release of ServUO and RunUO. Development has been pretty static for the two emulators, so here at PlayUO.org we are going to try to push the development of these wonderful emulators. While we respect the past development, we will be changing and/or removing some systems that were well intentioned but never completed. In addition, we will seek to improve both the functionality and the ease of use from these prior emulators.

To begin with, we have created a setup executable to get your server up and running quickly (more details on this in a later post). In addition, we have enhanced the createworld command to quickly spawn your server with xmlspawners similar in layout to an OSI shard. This will also allow us to perfect the spawns over time by releasing updates to the xml files that hold the spawns.

We have also created the repo with Vorspire's VitaNex Core and Praxiiz's UO Compendium. These two custom systems extend the functional capabilities of the server and we hope to demonstrate and incorporate these functions in the future.

Support for MapUO has been added.

Lastly, we are going to strive from the very beginning to provide tutorials and documentation for all updates to the repo. This means any major updates (not bug fixes) will be tested and documented prior to their release. We will have a test server that anyone can log into and test the major updates. This will result in slower updates but you can rest assured that they will not be added in an incomplete state. Bug fixes will be published as quick as possible to solve any issues and will not be delayed by the above process.

The repo can be accessed on the JustUO Github website:

https://github.com/JustUO/JustUO
    RunUO - Ultima Online Emulator - www.runuo.net

Looks like Dian and the JustUO project will be on hold as of January 2016. I have posted this github link to the last update

JustUO Github Archive
    download the release 2.5

https://github.com/JustUO/JustUO/tre...fc36df4fb79af2
    d80

Hey guys,
    I am sure a lot of you that are still around are concerned about whats going on here, and for good reason. I have not been able to really be involved with the Ultima hobby like I thought I would be by now. I honestly never for a moment expected that my absence would have lead to such inactivity around here, and I am sorry for that.

Recently, Ravenwolfe and I discussed a few things, and it was fairly clear that he wanted to drop his role with JustUO, being it was only himself and Zerodowned working on the emulator anymore. (Thanks for being the last guys standing, btw)

As much as that hurts, I understand where they are coming from and really do not have the ability to try to change their minds right now. I am uncertain how much just yet I can really offer around here for time, so I have to accept it.

For now though, JustUO will remain as-is. I pulled the announcement claiming it was no longer in development until I have no other choice or feel that there is no hope for future development. There will not be much development going on for awhile, but I am not going to just accept that its a dead horse, just yet.

Bottom line is, the forums and everything else will remain here regardless of the emulator project. I will leave the door open for JustUO awhile, and have faith that maybe some new blood might want to participate in furthering the development of it. I have a few other ideas as well, even if JustUO does fade away. I have always felt that the RunUO community have been kind of left out all along.. hint hint.

Again, I apologize for my absence. Had I any clue that my being away would have lead to such inactivity and potentially kill JustUO, I would have tried to make a presence one way or another.

So for now, those of you that are still around, dont give up just yet. And I would certainly like to hear anyone's ideas to the subject of JustUO and its future. I will be around off and on, so lets keep a dialogue open!

Thanks everyone!
    RunUO - Ultima Online Emulator - www.runuo.net

Comment

Working...
    X